Himig is a calm slice-of-life game about two kids enjoying their day-to-day lives in a small, relaxing town. You guide and give them a gentle push into the world to let them experience moments that will shape their personality and their future.
You can chat with everyone in the neighborhood, play little games with them, and listen to their stories to improve yourself and help them with their problems. You can interact with animals and things around you as well!
Depending on what activities you decide on doing as days go by, the dialogues and actions that your characters can do changes. They may even develop an interest on certain things, which they may still carry when they grow up.
The game also has a side part of collecting toys with various designs for some minigames. It always felt great showing off your rare, shiny toys to your friends. You can freely do that in here as well.
- A tranquil tale of two: Step into the shoes of two elementary school kids' everyday life as they create lasting memories.
- Take a walk: Stroll around the streets of a small, relaxing town with beautiful scenery that changes throughout the day.
- Cherish the moment: Say hi to everyone—be it people, animals, or even things around you—to learn and experience more of the world.
- Discover yourself: Shape your own future with the activities you do and the choices you make, which could affect others' lives as well.
- Have fun: Show off to everyone as you play fun minigames and collect toys of various colorful designs.
Himig started as a small personal game that is heavily inspired by easygoing slice-of-life manga in early 2018. Arwyn Silva, a game creator from the Philippines, decided to make a short game to take a breather from work and internship. As work kept piling on, its development stopped, and he slowly got burned out of making games completely. Thinking of a way to regain his passion, he started looking back on his childhood memories to figure out what made him like games and creating them in the first place. From this, progress eventually started once again in April 2019, but as a game with it's own setting and story this time.
Himig aims to be a game that could give a calm reprieve from the world with its characters, interactions, and visuals. Akin to a short coffee break, it wants you to relax for a bit and bring a smile to your face. This game serves as a reminder that looking back to your roots could be one of many ways to remembering the possibilities of life in front of you.
The game has been featured before at events like ESGS, Indie Live Expo, and Wholesome Direct.
- Name: Arwyn Silva
- Location: Philippines
- Contact: press [at] onionblaze [dot] com
- Mastodon: @OnionBlaze@peoplemaking.games
- Cohost: OnionBlaze
Life Simulation, Slice-of-life, Adventure